OUR AIM IS TO MAKE VAT REGISTRATION IN HUNGARY AND VAT FILINGS HASSLE FREE IN HUNGARY.
WE TAKE THE WORRY OUT OF TAX COMPLIANCE SO THAT YOU CAN FOCUS ON WHAT’S REALLY IMPORTANT TO YOU.
LET US HELP YOU IN YOUR TAX MATTERS, NOW!
For companies operating across the European Union (EU), there may be a requirement to register their business with a VAT number in another EU country. The requirements for this vary from country to country, but are based on the EU’s VAT Directive. This directive is also implemented in Hungary.
- If you need a VAT registration in Hungary, then we can do it through our web-based application.
- We prepare your Hungarian VAT return also with our online platform.
- And, due to our digital solutions, our prices are the lowest in Hungary.
When do companies have to register for a Hungarian VAT number?
As part of efforts to harmonise the European VAT system, the requirements to register for a VAT number are almost the same in each country. Typical instances, where a foreign trader is required to register for a local VAT number in Hungary include:
- Holding a live conference, exhibition or training, if there is paid entrance in Hungary.
- If a foreign company is buying and selling goods in Hungary.
- If a company is importing goods into Hungary, which then can include moving goods across national borders within the EU.
- Holding goods in warehouses or on consignment stock in Hungary for customers.
- Selling goods to consumers over the internet or though catalogues (distance selling) exceeding the threshold.
- Supply and install of equipment in a limited number of situations.
- Limited number of situations where services are being provided.
Generally, companies must register for VAT immediately. Please see here the applicable rates. In some cases, threshold is applicable, e-commerce companies have a special distance selling VAT registration threshold regime, for instance.
How do companies get a VAT number in Hungary?
Once the obligation to VAT register has been established, then the process can begin. They will then be required to complete and submit a local VAT registration form. Supporting documentation is also required. The application form is in Hungarian and available at the tax authority’s site.
Typically, a company will be required to provide the following supporting documentation:
- Original and authentic Document of Registration.
- Certificate about the foreign tax number.
- Specimen signature countersigned or approved by a lawyer.
- Power of attorney.
- Date of the beginning of company’s activity in Hungary.
- Short description about the foreign company, the main activity of the company and the planned business activity in Hungary.
Following the submission of the application, it will take 4-6 weeks to receive a VAT number. The tax authorities may ask further questions, specifically to try to prevent VAT fraud.
Why choose us?
Traditional Consulting and Digital Solutions.
With our #eXPAT digital solution, we are able to easily prepare personal income tax returns of expatriates living in Hungary – just some Q&A on your tablet or phone in a coffeeshop or when waiting for a bus, and your return is ready for filing.